CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite 20-minute (plus 10-minute discussion) presentation proposals on the following general and/or specific topics:
• At the crossroads between functionalist, cognitivist and/or constructionist approaches.
• Division of labour of lexical semantics and constructional semantics.
• Role of metaphor and metonymy and other cognitive operations in meaning construction and grammar.
• Relationship between semantics, pragmatics and discourse in meaning construction and/or meaning representation.
• Cognitive modeling and construal.
• Pragmatic inferencing.
• Linked data and semantic web technologies.
Papers that pay special attention to the treatment of these topics within the Lexical Constructional Model (LCM) and FunGramKB are particularly welcome.
LCM and FunGramKB specific topics
• Meaning construction and meaning representation in the LCM.
• Methodological tools in the LCM (e.g. equipollence).
• Syntactic representation in the LCM.
• The form of lexical and constructional templates in the LCM.
• Connections between the LCM and FunGramKB.
• Lexico-grammatical knowledge in FunGramKB.
• Terminology in FunGramKB.
• Conceptual representation in FunGramKB.
• Reasoning in FunGramKB.
• NLP applications of FunGramKB.
Guidelines for submissions
Submissions should include the following information:
1. Author's name
3. E-mail address
4. Paper title
5. An abstract with a maximum of 500 words, excluding references
The official language of the conference is English. All paper proposals are assumed to represent original and unpublished work.
Email for abstract submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Abstract submission deadline: April 15, 2016
• Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2016
• Registration deadline: May 31, 2016
• Conference dates: July 6, 7 and 8, 2016
The Organising Committee intends to publish a monograph edited as a Special Issue of Revista de Lenguas para Fines Específicos (Department of Modern Languages, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) with a selection of the best conference papers after a blind double peer-review process.
Only the papers presented at the Conference will be considered for this Special Issue.